Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Stop the t1.micro instance.
- Go to Actions tab and click on “change instance type”.
- Select the instance type as m1.large.
- Go to Actions tab and start the instance.
Note: The above mentioned method has downtime.
If you do not want downtime, follow the steps below to launch a new instance of m1.large instance type:
- Create an AMI of the current instance.
- Next time, when you are launching an instance, you will find an option to launch it as m1.large instance at that point