Problems with updated Go Dos from Thursdays Session

Hi,
I was in the session last night where the updated Go Dos were given out. However even with the updates the lab still does not work.

I am at the point where we are to use the PowerShell commands to set the shared key to be the same in each VNET. But it keeps on reporting back that the Local Network is not valid even though it exists.

I have taken screenshots but your “wonderful” form does not allow new users to attach them to this post. This is also very confusing as when raising the issue in the session I was asked to supply the screen shots. How can this be done if the forum for discussing these errors doesn’t allow it?

Text of the message is below:

PS C:> Import-AzurePublishSettingsFile -PublishSettingsFile “D:\Temp\a\Visual Studio Enterprise-9-1-2016-credentials.publishsettings”

Id : 0412ea38-f050-4631-a47a-98ef977db429
Name : Visual Studio Enterprise
Environment : AzureCloud
Account : 93203C370317F06805345465A3F198F25E5B4A50
State :
Properties : {}

PS C:> Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey -VNetName testing-vnet-1 -LocalNetworkSiteName SEAustLAN -SharedKey cloud123
Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey : BadRequest: The specified local network site name ‘SEAustLAN’ is not valid or could not be found.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey -VNetName testing-vnet-1 -LocalNetworkSiteNam …
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : CloseError: (:slight_smile: [Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey], CloudException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Commands.ServiceManagement.Network.Gateway.SetAzureVNetGatewayKey

PS C:> Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey -VNetName testing-vnet-2 -LocalNetworkSiteName EAustLAN -SharedKey cloud123
Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey : BadRequest: The specified local network site name ‘EAustLAN’ is not valid or could not be found.
+ Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey -VNetName testing-vnet-2 -LocalNetworkSiteNam …
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : CloseError: (:slight_smile: [Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey], CloudException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Commands.ServiceManagement.Network.Gateway.SetAzureVNetGatewayKey

Hi @BigIve

From the error message you sent, i believe that you’re using the wrong combination of VNet and Local Network to connect.
If you have followed the same naming convention as given in the lab, then your command is WRONG.
Look closely to the command in the book.
The first VNet is getting connected to the second Local Network i.e EAustLAN (in your case) and
the second VNet is getting connected to the first Local Network i.e. SEAustLAN (in your case).

Please make necessary changes in the command.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Arman

I changed the command as you suggested. Still doesn’t work.

PS C:> Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey -VNetName testing-vnet-1 -LocalNetworkSiteName EAustLAN -SharedKey cloud123
Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey : InternalError : An internal error has occurred.

• Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey -VNetName testing-vnet-1 -LocalNetworkSiteNam …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey], CloudException

PS C:>

Please execute the commands in the following order:

1. Add-AzureAccount (Enter your username password and sign in to your Azure Account from PowerShell)
  2. Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey -VNetName testing-vnet-1 -LocalNetworkSiteName EAustLAN -SharedKey cloud123

Make sure the CIDR block for VNet and Local Network in Region 1 is same. Also make sure the same thing for Region 2 also.

The steps are right. Upon checking I found out that there is some issue from Microsoft’s end.
Reference link here: Set-AzureVNetGatewayKey : InternalError : An internal error has occurred. · Issue #2629 · Azure/azure-powershell · GitHub

There is no reply from Devs for this ‘Open’ issue on GitHub.

Thanks,
Arman

How do I access all the Go Dos discussed in the sessions. Please help

Please drop your email id. I’ll see what can be done.

santhoshjt75@rediffmail.com

Thanking in advance…