Issues while establishing ssh between two EC2 nodes

Hi Team,

We have procured two EC2 instances for POC purpose and we have all the rights for it.
When we are installing MapR using Mapr Installer then we need to create the user(e.g. Mapr). When we are try to login using this mapr user it is giving the error(Refer screenshots).
When we are trying to establishing the ssh between two nodes it is showing the error of Permission Denied(Refer attached screenshots).

Please suggest.Maprinstaller_screenshots.pdf (167.4 KB)

It seems you might not have enabled the password based login.You have to enable password based login in ssh configuration and set a new password for user mapr. After that restart your ssh service and try login using mapr user and new password.

Hi Team,

Can you please elaborate your answer.

Actually I already tried to set the password for ec2-user but it is logging in without asking password. I have given all the access of ec2-user in sudoers and also make the both instances IP in the /etc/host file. After that I tried to ssh using root user and still getting the same issue.

Please suggest.

Hi Narayani,

Please find below the link on how to enable user login for ec2 instance.

Note: After performing above steps do not use the ppk/pem file while logging into the instance

Hi Team,

I have already tried the same with root access. But that option was not working.